It’s finally here – iOS 8 and if you are encountering server issues or updating failures, don’t fret because you are not the only one. It seems Apple servers is being overloaded with requests and the latest firmware isn’t downloading right. We have reports coming in saying the updates are from 1.1GB to as big as 5GB so please make sure you have clear out your photos and videos to make space for the upgrade.
What’s new with iOS 8?
So what’s the buzz with Apple’s latest firmware, here are the rundown on the features we know so far:
- New Photos app – Apple claims the new photo app is a lot simpler to use, organize and search. Powerful new editing tools and more photo filters are added in the new app as well.
- Message app improved – Like third-party messengers, Message app now allows you to send voice messages and videos as well as choosing how long you wish to share your location.
- Keyboard now smarter – An improved keyboard with more shortcuts, Quicktype and third-party keyboard capability i.e. Swype, KuaiBoard and Swiftkey.
- Family Sharing – Share books and purchases from iTunes with up to 6 family members. You can also share photos, calendars, locations and more.
- iCloud Drive – Heard of Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive? This is Apple’s take on cloud files storage.
- New Health app – Track your fitness, heart rate and activity with Apple’s new fitness app.
- Continuity – Synchronize your tasks and usage from your iPhone to other Apple devices such as iMac, MacBook and iPad. Only available for iPhone 5 or later, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Air, iPad mini (Retina) and iPod Touch 5th Generation.