The new iPhones are finally here. A total of three new iPhone models were unveiled in last night’s keynote – iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone XR.
All three new iPhones come powered with Apple’s new A12 Bionic processor. Here’s a quick breakdown on the specs and availability in Singapore.
|Model||iPhone Xs||iPhone Xs Max||iPhone XR|
|Display||5.8-inch Super Retina (OLED)||6.5-inch Super Retina (OLED)||6.1-inch Liquid Retina (LCD)|
|Camera||Dual 12-megapixel wide-angle and telephoto cameras||12-megapixel wide-angle camera|
|Storage||64GB, 256GB and 512GB||64GB, 128GB and 256GB|
|Pre-order||From 14 September||From October 19|
|Release Date||September 21||October 26|
What else is same or different?
- All three phones all look the same, except the iPhone XR has a LCD display.
- The notch is still there, similar to the iPhone X last year.
- The fingerprint scanner is officially dead.
- iPhone XR has a lesser 3GB memory compared to 4GB on the Xs and Xs Max.
- Apple finally releases dual-SIM support but it is not clear if Singapore models will get it.
What about the price?
The iPhone Xs starts from S$1,649, the Xs Max from $1,799 and XR from S$1,229. Below is the full breakdown on how much it costs for the larger storage models.
|Model||iPhone Xs||iPhone Xs Max|
And the colours available?
iPhone Xs and Xs Max
Both the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max will come in Silver, Space Grey and Gold colours.
iPhone XR will come in more colourways – Red, Yellow, White, Coral, Black and Blue.
You can register your interest too
Customers interested to purchase the new iPhone Xs and Xs Max can now register their interest with the three major telcos. The iPhone XR will only be available in October later this year.