The city of Turku in Finland is facing a severe shortage of experienced coders, engineers and other top professionals in technology fields.
They have just launched a global Talent Call Turku campaign to attract professionals from around the world.
Located in the southwest coast, Turku is the sixth largest city in Finland and most notable for being a seaport with more than 3 million passengers travelling through Port of Turku each year to Stockholm and Mariehamn.
It is also building a high-tech Science Park which could look like this in the future.
It’s not all work too. Turku is a beautiful city filled with picturesque landscapes and riverwalks.
Here’s a video of how Turku looks like in winter, which is just as charming. Read more about it here.
Happiest Expat Families
According to global expat network InterNations, Finland is number 1 on the Family Life Index which measures things such as the availability of childcare and education, cost and quality of education, and family well-being and safety.
Singapore comes in at the 12th position in comparison.
Win a Free Family Trip
Got the skills Turku needs and can’t wait to sign up? You could also win a week-long, all-expenses-paid trip to Turku in mid-August to see what it would be like to live and work in one of the smartest urban regions in the world.
Here are the steps to participate:
- Sign up at talentcall.fi by 19 May.
- Talent Call Turku will contact you for an up-to-date CV, if needed.
- Select candidates will send their video greetings.
- Five winners will be selected and informed in June.
- Talent Call Turku will organize the all-expenses-paid trip for the winners and their families.
- The visit to Turku region will take place on 18–24 August 2019.