Seniors are getting some really good perks from the Singapore government this year.
One of them is a free $100 top-up to their PAssion Silver Card.
Who is it for?
The free top-up is valid for the group of elderly a.k.a Merdeka Generation who are born between 1950 and 1959.
There’s no need to rush to get the top-up as it will remain valid till 31 December 2020 and can be claimed anytime from now till then.
Here are some examples of how the PAssion Silver Card looks like.
All Singapore Citizens aged 60 and above are eligible for the PAssion Silver Concession Card. For replacement or lost cards, you can visit any CCRO for assistance. Please click here for CCRO locations.
How to claim?
The top-up can be done at these locations:
- 48 TransitLink ticket offices islandwide
- TransitLink Kiosks (locations here)
- Add Value Machine (AVM) at MRT Stations and Bus Interchanges
- Temporary top-up booths at 25 Community Clubs/Centres
- Merdeka Generation roadshows and events
You can also find the list of the locations from this PDF document here.
For seniors who are getting their top-up from Add Value Machines (AVM) at MRT stations and Bus Interchanges, here’s a quick guide:
- Go to any Add Value Machine
- Place your PAssion Silver Card on the card reader
- Tap on the word ‘Merdeka’ on the screen
- Press Redeem All
- Wait around 10 – 15 seconds
- Top up completed, tap on ‘Receipt’ if you wish to have a record
Besides the $100 top-up, other perks the Merdeka Generation will be getting include:
- $200 Medisave Top-Ups every year, from 2019 to 2023
- Outpatient medical and dental subsidies
- $4,000 participation incentives to join CareShield Life
- Additional MediShield Life Premium Subsidies up to 10% after turning 75
You can find out more about the Merdeka Generation Package or check eligibility from the official site here.Learn more about Merdeka Generation Package