A while ago back in December, Australia-based telco TPG Telecom arrived in Singapore offering free mobile plans to senior citizens and free unlimited data to a limited number of people.
In case you are wondering what happened to them, they are still very much active.
Free mobile plans
A quick check on TPG Singapore’s official website and Facebook page reveal the new telco is still giving away free mobile plans that come with 12 months of unlimited mobile data.
Yes, unlimited data for free at $0 per month.
Customers simply have to sign up from their website, pick up the SIM card and start using away without paying a single cent.
Here are the locations to collect your SIM card from 11am – 8pm daily (7.30pm queue cut-off):
- Shaw Centre #03-20
- Westgate #03-38/39 (Huawei Customer Service Centre)
- Jurong Point #B1-94/95/96 (Challenger)
- Changi City Point #01-56/57 (Challenger)
- Courts Toa Payoh
4G capped at 2GB per day
The only limitation on TPG’s free mobile plan is that usage is capped at 2GB per day at 4G speeds. After that, the speed drops to 1Mbps – pretty slow but you can probably still surf the web, use chat apps and check emails.
Plus, assuming that even if you do hit the 2GB cap every day for a month, that’s equivalent to a whopping 60GB of free mobile data per month.
Still totally worth it.
Other things to take note
Before you rush to sign up for one, you might also want to know:
- TPG’s SIM card only works in 4G which means it won’t work in older tablets or phones with 3G or below.
- 4G VoLTE compatible device a must if you wish to make and receive calls.
- Only 20 minutes talktime to local fixed lines and 20 free SMS.
- No support for global roaming.
- Free for 12 months only.
- TPG right to terminate if no usage for 30 days.
The free mobile plan is contract-free but you might want to set up a reminder a year ahead since TPG could and will likely start charging monthly subscription fees thereafter.Learn more from TPG Telecom