Good news for book lovers.
Starting this week from 1 April 2019, Basic library members and foreigners can borrow more – up to 16 books, magazines and audio-visual materials, and as many as 24 for Premium Plus members from libraries around Singapore.
Previously, visitors can only borrow a maximum of 8 items.
The new increased borrowing quota was announced earlier last week to encourage more Singaporeans to tap on library resources to read and learn.
For the uninitiated, free basic membership is available for all Singaporeans and PRs.
On top of physical books, visitors will also be able to borrow up to 16 eBooks from NLB which include these collections:
- iRead eBook (formerly known as airitiBooks)
- HyRead (Chinese eMagazines)
Free One-Time Renewal
Worried you won’t be able to finish the items you borrowed in time? You can now keep your items for another 3 weeks (21 days) with a one-time free renewal now.
As with all free things, there are some terms and conditions:
- You can only renew books that are not reserved by other readers, so that they are not kept waiting
- Renewals have to be done before or on the due date
- Magazines and audio-visual materials cannot be renewed