DJI has just released a new gimbal for smartphones today and this time around it can be folded into a compact portable size.
Priced at US$105 (~S$146) with free shipping, the new Osmo Mobile 3 comes with a bunch of new features including an improved ergonomic grip with a new joystick and button combinations, zoom feature, gesture controls, ActiveTrack 3.0, sport mode and active roll that quickly rotates from landscape to portrait and vice versa.
Existing Osmo Mobile users won’t be able to use older removable batteries on the Osmo Mobile 3 as the new model has a built-in battery that cannot be swapped out.
DJI says the Osmo Mobile 3 battery can last up to 15 hours on a full charge (2.5 hours charge time) via its USB-C port on the handle.
According to DJI, here are the differences between the older Osmo Mobile 2 vs 3:
- Well-placed buttons and intuitive functions make Osmo Mobile 3 convenient to use with a single hand, providing more versatility and freedom of movement.
- More intelligent shooting modes, like Sport mode and Gesture Control. ActiveTrack 3.0 provides a smoother tracking experience.
- Able to use with DJI Mimo.
- Osmo Mobile 3’s foldable design makes it smaller and easy to take anywhere.
- Thanks to its intelligent design, Osmo Mobile 3 is comfortable to hold even for long periods of time.
- Osmo Mobile 3 is compatible with more devices and can be used to charge your mobile phones.
In the box
Here’s what you will get:
- Osmo Mobile 3 (Built-in Battery)
- Power Cable
- Storage Pouch
- Wrist Strap
- Anti-Slip Pads x 4
Customers can also top up US$20 for the combo option which comes with additional:
- Osmo Grip Tripod
- Osmo Carrying Case