Good news if you have bought tickets to Bangkok or Chiang Mai this December or in January next year.
The Meteorological Department in Thailand has just reported that the weather across the country will start going down as early as this mid-October.
As low as 7 – 9 degrees
In fact, the cold weather will persist till February in 2020 with the coldest weather lasting from late December until mid- January.
The reason for the unexpected cold weather is brought by cold fronts from south China, a weather phenomenon that happened last year as well.
Here are the coldest weather predictions across parts of Thailand as reported by TV station Thai PBS World:
- The North: Chiang Rai, 7-9 degrees C; Nan, 7-9 degrees C; Chiang Mai, 12-14 degrees C.
- The Northeast: Sakhon Nakhon, 7-9 C; Nakhon Phanom, 7-9 C; Nakhon Ratchasima, 13-15 C.
- Central Region: Kanchanaburi, 13-15 C; Nakhon Sawan, 14-16 C and Suphan Buri, 16-18 C.
- Eastern Region: Sa Kaew, 14-16 C; and Chon Buri, 16-18 C.
- Southern Region: Prachuap Khiri Khan, 17-19 C and Phuket, 20-22 C.
- Bangkok: 15-17 C.
Which also means these few months is the best time to travel to popular cities in Thailand such as Bangkok, Phuket and Chiang Mai to enjoy the cold weather.
Here are some airline promotions that are totally useful right now.