Here’s a new breakfast idea to DIY at home.
Starbucks Coffee Pancake
Starbucks Singapore has recently released a new recipe showing us how to add a little more flavour to your morning pancakes.
Turns out you can actually use Starbucks VIA Ready Brew coffee sachets directly on your pancake mix.
These ready-to-brew sachets are available at all Starbucks stores while stocks last. They also come in a selection of coffee flavours including Columbia, Pike Place Roast, Italian Roast, Vanilla Latte, Caffe Mocha and Caramel Latte.
Alternatively, there’s also Matcha flavour inspired by Starbucks popular Matcha Green Tea Latte if you are not a coffee lover.
Recipe & Ingredients
Here’s the list of ingredients required to make your own Coffee Pancakes at home:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 sachet of your favourite Starbucks VIA® Ready Brew Coffee (They used Colombia)
- Chocolate drizzle and chocolate chips (optional)
And here’s the step-by-step guide if you have never made pancakes in your life before:
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine buttermilk, egg, melted butter, vanilla extract and Starbucks VIA® Ready Brew.
- Add your wet mixture to your dry mixture and mix well.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and scoop a ladle-full of mixture onto the pan.
- Wait for it to bubble before flipping it over.
- Repeat until you’ve used up all your batter.
- Top with as much chocolate drizzle and chocolate chips as you want.