Sony has just announced another new mirrorless camera today. The new a7 III combines Sony’s latest technologies including the ones found in the recent a7R III, all within a compact mirrorless body, priced at a very attractive US$1,999 (body only) retail price.
At its core, the a7 III has a 24.2-megapixel back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor with ISO range of 100 to 51200, expandable to 204800. It is capable of taking 14-bit RAW and has a 15-stop dynamic range at low ISO.
Here’s a breakdown of the important features:
- Continuous shooting speed of 10fps in RAW or JPEG
- 693 phase-detection AF points (425 contrast AF)
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization
- New joystick for adjusting focus points
- 2.3 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder
- 3-inch touchscreen display
- Shoots 4K HDR video
- Larger Z-Battery – 710 shots with a single battery
- Dual-SD card slots
The Sony a7 III will be available in April later this year. It will also be available for pre-order on B&H Photo Video on 28 February.Learn more from Sony Singapore