Turns out Seafood Paradise wants to make a point and is welcoming crab lovers to try out their Alaskan King Crab dish, despite a recent viral incident with a group of customers.
In case you missed the news, a group of tourists were horrified they had been charged over S$900 for an Alaskan King Crab dish they had ordered and called the police.
The story somehow got picked up by various media outlets online and went viral, which led to Seafood Paradise putting out clarifications on the inaccuracies with CCTV footage and claiming what seems to be an attempt to tarnish the restaurant’s reputation.
Here’s the clarification post.
Clarification Statement by Paradise Group We are aware of a recent customer report regarding the pricing of our…
50% Off Alaskan King Crab Promotion
Now that the incident is out of the way, Seafood Paradise has just announced it will be bringing back its half-price promotion on the Alaskan King Crab dish from 3 October to 19 November this year.
For the uninitiated, Alaskan king crabs are known for their hefty price tag due to the quality of their meat, which is sweet, rich, and tender. They are also difficult to fish and have short harvesting seasons.
With the promotion, keep in mind you will still be paying $13.40 per 100g – a typical full-grown king crab weighs around 2.5 to 3.5kg so expect to pay between $300 and $450 for the dish even with the discount (before GST and service charge).
Seafood Paradise recommends Popular Singapore Style Chilli Crab or Stir-fried with White Pepper as the preparation method, although there are other methods including Salted Egg Yolk, Stir-fried with Black Pepper, Steamed with Chinese Wine and more.
Here are some photos of the restaurant’s crab dishes with different preparation methods so you know what to expect.
The promotion is available at Seafood Paradise outlets at Clarke Quay and VivoCity. Reservation is recommended and can done online here.
Some terms and conditions to take note of in case you are thinking of calling the police after eating:
- Promotion is valid daily from October 3 until November 19, 2023, for dine-in by Maybank Credit or Debit Cardmembers and PGR members only.
- Promotion is not valid for private room reservations and private room dining.
- Not valid in conjunction with other discounts, promotions, vouchers, or membership privileges.
- Prices are subject to a service charge and prevailing GST.
- The discount is applied before the service charge and prevailing GST.
- While stocks last.
- Management reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the promotion without prior notice.